This is what we had for brunch today! I'm finally posting the recipe for these beautiful vegan cranberry cinnamon pancakes...
It's extremely simple and the taste is out of this world!
2 cups unbleached flour
3 Tablespoons custard powder (most custard powders are vegan before you add the cow)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups water (add less if you like them fluffier- I enjoy them more crape-like)
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar if you don't have apple)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional if you like them fluffier- and yes it's vegan)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dried cranberries (as many as you like)
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
2. Heat up a pan on medium to low heat with a little coconut oil (or sunflower or vegetable oil).
3. use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan in medium-sized pancakes.
4. As one side is frying sprinkle dried cranberries over it.
5. flip it over when the right time comes (you will know because small holes will start to form on the surface).
6. Flip the beautiful pancake onto a plate and drizzle it with REAL maple syrup and powder it with a little cinnamon. (do not use false syrups- it's a crime).
This recipe makes about 8 medium-sized pancakes. Love it!!