Here is a wonderful documentary about Buddhist nuns. It was really eye-opening and inspiring.
Synopsis: In a remote nomadic region of Eastern Tibet, 3000 nuns practice an ancient yogic tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. Despite near extinction during the destruction of the Cultural Revolution, these remarkable spiritual practitioners have emerged to rebuild their monasteries by hand ... stone by stone. In 2005, a small group of western women Buddhists traveled to Tibet with the renowned Buddhist teacher, Tsoknyi Rinpoche III, to meet the Nangchen nuns.
Using the more than 70 hours of footage shot on this extraordinary journey, Chariot Videos has produced "Blessings: The Tsoknyi Nangchen Nuns of Tibet". Narrated by Richard Gere, the film provides a fascinating glimpse into a world most of us will never see first-hand. A moving, very personal account of a unique meeting of East and West, the film is an inspiration to anyone seeking a spiritual path through the challenges of 21st century life.
Here is the whole movie if you would like to order it:
This is a really great documentary about the combination of physical yoga, mind yoga (meditation) and adopting a plant-based diet. I thought it was well done and presented in a fresh way, not leaving out the main reason for all of these things... to understand your true self and the higher powers, whatever you take that to be.
I have to admit that something has happened to me since I broke my arm in the accident (if anything is really an accident). I have allowed myself to meditate, at first to focus on anything but the pain I was in, but then, as the hurting lifted a little, I started doing it for the way it made me see things. Some of you will know what I'm talking about, and others will think I'm nuts, but it doesn't matter. I am learning a lot about what is truly important to me and what I can live without.
Click here to watch the whole film.
Oh yeah! And this is Josh when he was 12 years old. He made himself these little business cards to sell his crystal and silver jewellery (he learned from artisans in Costa Rica, Panama and Mexico). I'll have to put up some photos of his work later!
This is a really short tidbit talking about the movie Raw for Life Documentary. It gets right to the point.
Go to www.rawfor30days.com. or Click here to watch the whole movie for free and without downloading it!
I was thrilled with the discovery of this film that really addresses the link between what we eat and every aspect of our lives on this planet. It starts out looking like a documentary about Judaism alone, but blossoms into a heart-felt, and detailed look at what it is going to take to save the planet. Veganism is growing through the Jewish faith and it's lovely to see. I love anyone who practices what they preach. Please watch this no matter what your background is.
Click here to watch the film.
In these videos you can see how the designs and materials used are pretty environmentally responsible, but you don't actually need to buy a pre-fab package from these people. There are plenty of open-sourced designs available and you can alter them to your own tastes and needs. This cuts down dramatically in the cost and encourages people to actually do it instead of waiting around for a day in the future when they might have enough money to pull it off. Just do it.
This is, of course, just one way of building an off the grid home that is beautiful, strong and environmentally sound. Go to the natural building button on the right hand side of this blog to see more examples, or go to you-tube for thousands of ideas on how to build using earthbag dome house construction (my favourite, but specifically with straw bale outer insulation for Canadian winter climates), straw bale house building, rammed-earth tire homes, adobe-style, cob and much more.
James, Josh and I will be building our own house in the near future. I have applied to the Sustainable Eco-House Building program at Fleming College, which is the most comprehensive, hands-on and intensive program I have come across. To top it off I have already taken some workshops from the two main instructors who are absolutely wonderful and knowledgeable on building in this climate and others.
So we'll see if the fates will give me what I want. If not I will learn from my good friend Russel who is taking the program this spring, and from my friend Ali who is now teaching intensive eco-building workshops herself! One way or another it will happen. I promise, and we'll be documenting the whole process.
What powers do we all have?
1. The power to change our awareness: Anyone who tests us is our teacher. We are the students, so we must listen to everyone who speaks to us because they have a lesson. Pay attention, especially to those who really annoy or anger you. They are reflecting something about yourself that you would like to change.
2. The power to become the leader, not the follower: Don't speak the language of a follower: "If she apologizes I will apologize", "If he changes I will change", "If my situation changes I will change"... Many people come out of bad situations and change their lives. A leader is the one who takes initiative. Do not wait for leaders- you are the leader.
3. The power to react with calmness: Every situation can be changed simply by our reactions to circumstances. We have a choice in how we react in every case. When our personality, looks or ability have been attacked we can either get upset and take it personally, or realize that the reason people are launching the attack is about them, not us.
4. The power to play a fair game: Everything in life is a game (even though it looks and feels like real drama). If we lose a game, but played fairly we cannot feel like a loser, but if we won a game and did not play fairly then we cannot feel like a winner.
5. The power to feel worthy: People from all walks of life feel unworthy and have low self-esteem, no matter how hard they try to present themselves. This comes from feeling defeated by their own weaknesses, whether it's anger, greed, ego, dishonesty or intolerance. These things all lower our energy and make us feel bad about ourselves, but we are the cause. When we become honest, humble, calm and giving (giving something as simple as a smile or helping someone who needs it), we gain strength so self-respect and self-esteem grows.
6. The power to become an extraordinary person: Become a hero-actor, not just an actor... our roles are created by the actions we perform. Maybe our old self-portrait put us in the role of a martyr, victim or follower, but now we are changing it all. Why? Because how it was before just did not make us happy. Life is a play- we can change any scene we want, add or remove any drama, and choose what character we want to play.
7. The power to not gossip or defame others: Not only do these things give us a heavy feeling, but they create complication and a feeling of being trapped. If we talk about negative things or join in on gossiping it leaves a bad taste in our mouths and can affect our mood for the rest of the day. By changing the subject or saying something nice about someone we can change our day from bad to good.
8. The power to be alert: If we know that anger or impatience etc. are our weaknesses we have to be aware of when we are being triggered and instantly go inside of ourselves to calm down. Otherwise circumstances can become out of control when they don't need to.
9. The power to control our words, thoughts and actions: If a car does not have powerful breaks it can cause accidents. Sometimes small, sometimes big, which can cause a lot of damage. Watch where our thoughts take us- they can cause the greatest damage to ourselves. Our words and actions can be uplifting to other people or hurtful.
10. The power to not be absorbed in the problem: Concentrate on the solution, not the problem. As we focus on the solution the problem will lose it's edge. There is always a solution.
If you'd like to practice this more (how to become the best person you can be), go to the Brahma Kumari website to find the free meditation classes that are nearest to you. They have centres all over the world so I'm sure you will find one! I've taken all sorts of meditation classes from different groups of people, but I connect most strongly with the genuine, kind Brahma Kumari sisters and brothers. You can belong to any religion or race and you will be welcomed with open arms. These people practice what they teach. The same goes for the Krishna Conscious Organization. They are giving and kind people who teach very similar lessons on how to live a meaningful and satisfying life.
I'm in love with Erikah Badu! If you are not familiar with her, get familiar with her. She is a beautiful woman with voice, soul, personality and a great sense of humour. Plus she's vegan and leans towards raw veganism! Can you be more perfect my dear??
Anyway watch the video.
This is one of my favourite music videos by her. She's a real artist.
I found this video that I thought was well done, even though he considers people like myself "hippy-dippy animal lovers"... but whatever. It's nice to hear from someone on the other side of the story, and he's vegan, so he gets a gold star in my hippy-dippy book.
I just watched this documentary called 'Camp FEMA' and you may wonder what it has to do with veganism... well it has to do with every freedom we have and how we may be marginalized as fringe resistance. I am chilled to the bone about what I have just heard and seen.
Not believing it, I went to the official U.S. army website and found this declassified pdf entitled: The Civilian Inmate Labor Program. I kid you not. It outlines, in great detail, how civilians of the United States may be detained without due process, indefinitely for crimes they may commit in the future.
Click here to watch this film and judge for yourself.
Canada, apparently, has identical plans for citizens who go against the grain, resist the 'norm' and question authority. I normally spread positive news about how we can change our lives and the planet by becoming vegan, but this has struck me very hard, and if I didn't read this myself I would think it was crazy. Every person in the U.S. will, this year (2010), be required to complete a 28 page census report (that's the short version) that will ask for extremely personal details, or face up to a $5,000 fine. Mandatory vaccination is on the table too, along with a whole slew of other outrageous things.
All I can say is that I hope this is all a big, friendly joke and that we live happily ever after...
Here is a video about 500,000 disposable caskets (we know that's what they are because the company that makes them is called Polyguard Vaults), being stored on a farmer's property in the U.S. near rail tracks, and are supposedly connected with FEMA:
And finally... what the heck is this??
So I was fine when I woke up this morning, day 7 of the 30 day fast, but now that it's nearing dinner time I am in hell. My body is not hungry at all, nor do I have any signs of low energy, but all I can think about is going to the bakery, buying a white baguette (of all things!), spreading it with vegan butter and eating the whole thing!
This is ridiculous because I never crave that kind of thing unless I'm fasting- it's like a heroin addiction, because I really don't feel hungry at all, and white bread has no nutritional value whatsoever. I tried to gross myself out by breaking up a stale piece of bread in a bowl of water to watch it break down into a swollen mess of goop. That sort of worked because it would do that in my stomach and the thought of that does make me feel sick.
The movie I posted below (Kymatica) did give me some insight into why I might be feeling this way. It says that parasites give off a chemical that actually makes their host (you and me) crave the things that the parasites want to eat, which are most often things that are not good for us. And since we all have up to 100 different parasites living inside of us (some helpful and some bad), it must be driving them nuts that I'm fasting.
It's actually making me in a bad mood- like I would sell my grandmother for a hit. So here I am blogging and I found this video about bread that I thought you might be interested in. I'll get through this. Think I'll go varnish a painting.
We just watched this documentary that was made to make people to think about their place in this world in a different way. It is divided up into sections and you have to watch the whole thing to really understand the point they are making. We found it truly engaging and so we're recommending it! Click here to watch it for free(streaming video).
I just have to tell you about a Canadian company (right here in Toronto actually) that I just found called Purrfect Pineapples that makes the most delicious lingerie I've ever seen... and nobody was hurt in the process. Click here to check out their store where you will see lovely photos of their products and order whatever your hear desires!
Well it's the beginning of a new year, and I'd like to start if off right, so I think it's time to rid myself of all chaos by committing to two things:
A master Cleanse for 30 days and Meditation every day. I've never done such a long fast, but I feel like it's the right time for me. I was thinking of doing a video-blog about the experience, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to talk about such a private thing to everyone, but maybe it would be good for me too.
I'm only at the end of day 3, which tends to be a bit difficult for most people- getting used to the idea of not eating food. I always feel great once I get past that point. Well I'm sure most of you have heard of the Master Cleanse, but for those of you who don't really know, it's a fast where you stop eating everything and take in only a lemonade made from water, freshly squeezed lemon juice (with no pulp), cayenne pepper and grade B maple syrup... It may sound disgusting but it actually tastes fine.
After those initial 3 days I start a salt water flush once in the morning and once in the evening. The flush is very interesting because instead of being processed in your stomach it goes right through and does a sweep of your bowls... so you have to be near a washroom (sorry to those who are squeamish about this sort of thing- stop reading). I won't get into much more detail than to say that on average, people have 20Lbs of crap (literally) stuck in their swollen colon when they die. I imagine this is much less for a vegan, but I'll have to get back to you on that.
I'll keep updating and telling you about the process from my perspective in the next month. I'm off to meditation now- actually I'm late! (not a good start huh?).
ps. James Toth took this photo from on top of our roof in Toronto.
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Happy New Year everyone! I have been away from the computer, but I promise to post on a regular basis again. I just figured out how to put up slideshows on the site, so here is a few of my spirit dolls that I have been making for years now. They are very special to me and have a life of their own. The dolls may look a little creepy, but if you look closely they are all friendly souls.
Run the mouse over the image and it will get larger.
Mimi Kirk was voted Sexiest Vegetarian over 5o a couple of years ago... She's looking better than ever, and she credits her vegan lif...
Chocolate pudding that's good for you!? You're going to freak out when I tell you that it takes only 3 minutes to prepare... In a ...
Nutrition and Behavior: A World Without Water: No Impact Man: Earthlings: A Cow At My Table: Corporation: Milk: T...
I made this Photoshop image, and then thought to myself, "If mermaids were real, would there be laws against harvesting them for food ...
Ok, so my two week detox is over and I want to tell you some of what the results are so you might go and try this yourself. I wa...
VEAGAN MYTH-BUSTER # 1. "Vegans are tree-hugging nuts" There are many reasons people choose the vegan lifestyle, whether it...
Good morning my lovelies! It's time to whip you into shape with our beautiful-vegan-boot-camp! We're going to focus on 3 really...
OK this is possibly my favorite soup in the world. And it's RAW! I have to give you the recipe and you have to make it tonight . I...
1. Sprouts: Probably the simplest thing to grow inside, and full of nutrients, are sprouts of various plants such as alfalfa, bean...
T= Tablespoon t= teaspoon c= cup Kiwi-lime Pudding! Wicked. Raspberry Crepes with French Vanilla Cream! Decadent Triple Decker Vanill...
for all their help with designing / promoting this website.
Beautiful-Vegan Archive 2007 - 2013
- 21 DAYS OF TED! Project Transformation Experiment!!
- Same LOVE Video: Very Powerful
- The Future Of Meat Is VEGAN! Bill Gates Article...
- Lyn's HOT List!
- Plastic In THe Bellies of Birds: A Moving Short Film
- My Promise! I Swear!
- Bring it on Down To VeganVille Justin Timberlake!!
- What if Money Were No Object? A Moving Short Video!
- Amazingly Youthful Raw Vegan 70 yeat Old!!!
- Best Raw Treat! Apples, Cinnamon and Dates!
- Lab-Grown Meat? My Take
- Winter In Toronto, Canada
- Vegan Zombie Video Message From Lyn!
- Documentary: Waste=Food! Very Good
- Documentary: At The Edge of the World: Sea Shepherd Film!!
- Documentary: Know Your Mushrooms!
- Documentary: All things Are Connected!
- Movie Night With Vegan Snacks! Silly Video
- Our New Place! Video
- Drinking Carrot Juice: Short Video
- V-Log #304: Treetop Greetings and Update
- America's FAT Future: Obesity Statistics
- Seeds Of Freedom Documentary
- The Power Of Touch :)
- The Plastic Cow Documentary: Why We Must Stop Using Plastic Bags
- Our John Lewis: Vegan Fitness Trainer for Nobesity!
- Monstrous Resolutions Animation Video
- Human Superiority? Documentary- A Must See!
- A River Of Waste Documentary: The Hazardous Truth About Factory Farms
- Meat The Truth Documentary
- Water Has Memory: New Discoveries
- Follow the Money: Bog Pharma, Meat, Dairy and Junk Food Industries
- Raw Chocolate Truffles!! Best Treat Ever!
- Dear Future...
- Raw Vegan Weight Loss!
- Vegan Kids All Grown Up! Josh isn't my little boy any more
- The Jazzy Vegetarian Cookbook (Vegan) Review
- Beautiful-Vegan Bootcamp! 3 Easy Steps to a Kick-Ass Body!
- This is my Awesome Vegan Sister, Diana!
- This is John Lewis: The Badass Vegan!
- I Might Go Raw For Good!
- Raw For 30 Days (plus) Update!
- Conscious Evolution: We Are Evolving Through Our Actions
- Raw Vegan For 30 Days (Update)
- SUPERNATURAL- The Unseen Powers Of Animals: #1
- Apollo Zero Documentary
- Raw Vegan For 30 Days! (Big Fight!)
- Harvard Declares Milk and Dairy NOT Part of a Healthy Diet!
- Vegan Body Building On The Rise! New York Times Article
- Beautiful-Vegan RAW Challenge For The New Year!
- Happy New Year Everyone!
- Fear Of The Unknown
- Happy Holidays From all of Us Here at Beautiful-Vegan!
- Wicked Chocolate Chip Cookies (not raw, but once in a while...)
- But What About Protein, John?
- Be Completely UNrealistic and Transform Your Life!
- Yoga For The Terrified
- The Truth About The Sheep Industry (Wool/Meat/Skin/Milk)
- V-Log #79,084... Vegan Cheese Review!
- V-Log #6? Vegan Chips Review!
- Article I Wrote to NOW Magazine About Their MEAT ISSUE
- Ungrip (Great Doc About Civil Liberties and Living off The Grid)
- If A Tree Falls (Documentary about the Earth Liber...
- Our Book Promo Video!:
- Making The Connection: An Awesome Documentary Abou...
- V-Log #3: Vegan Chocolate Challenge!
- What's Your Favourite Vegan Food, Beautiful-Vegan ...
- 7 Edible Plants You Can Grow Inside!
- Puppy Mills, Private Breeders and Animal Shelters:...
- Meet The Incredible John Lewis! Raw Vegan Fitness ...
- I've Been Occupying Toronto... Be back soon! xo
- A Part of Something Beautiful:
- Animal Ingredients List:
- How to Find Your Soulmate:
- Photographer, James Toth:
- V-Log #1: LipLabz Vegan Lip Balms, Tints and Gloss...
- A Little About Erin!
- V-Log! Ok Here We Go!
- Hammock Enlightenment: Awesome Short Video!
- V-Log! Yay for Vegan Videos! ;)
- Water: The Great Mystery... An Incredible Document...
- Documentary: The Beautiful Truth: Cancer / Food
- Communing With Nature to Understand Gratitude:
- A Very Inspiring Movie Trailer: Finding Joe :)
- What You Should Know Before Vaccinating Your Child...
- Our favorite Podcasts/On-Line Sites:
- Dr. Alan Rabinowitz: Man Who Suffered with Severe ...
- The Shock Doctrine Documentary with Naomi Klein:
- Be the Queen of Your Thoughts and Actions:
- 73 Year Old Vegan, Mimi Kirk, Looks Awesome!
- Vegucated Movie Trailer! Opening soon:
- Conscious Evolution:
- Becoming Vegan:
- Aromatherapy Chart:
- The Beautiful Truth Documentary: Cancer / Food
- If Mermaids Were Real Would We Eat Them Too?
- Modern Meat Documentary:
- Amusing Vegan Photoshop Images (not for eating, ob...
- Astounding Documentary about the Criminal Cancer B...
- Nike Exposed: An Award-Winning Short Film
- Food Investigations: fake blueberry mystery
- Plastic Packaging Vs Animals
- Raising a vegan kid...
- Toronto Veggie Event- Not to be missed!
- The Vanishing of Bees movie trailer:
- Free Veggie Challenge banner for you!
- Vegan Goddess Pink and her new video:
- Meet Mac Danzig: Vegan UFC Fighter
- Rachel Botsman: The case for collaborative consump...
- Nutrition and Behavior- Learn How Your Food is Aff...
- An incredible and inspiring story of a woman's new...
- Spring Detox Time!
- This is where your plastic ends up: Inside the bel...
- The Dark Side of Chocolate Documentary
- A World Without Water: Amazing and Eye-Opening Doc...
- Watch this Documentary- Amazing:
- spring simple dressing:
- Dr. Neal Barnard- A very good bunch of reasons to ...
- Alkaline body vs. Acidic body
- 1000 Year Old Vegan Poem
- small is better :)
- the power of raw veganism! I will get there one da...
- Our new T-shirt designs!
- Why, Hello There!!
- a penguin with real individual personality: what h...
- I found this blog and thought you all might like i...
- Becoming Myth: Sea Turtles & Asia
- Cow's milk and the problems with it:
- free hugs: we love you :)
- A little about Josh:
- A little bit about James:
- making an earthbag garden wall out of sewn bed she...
- new findings on the intelligence of dolphins:
- Born to be Wild movie trailer- soooo cute!
- Raw Vegan Beauty and Body Building- Interview with...
- Q & A with Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- a little about me :)
- Dr. Will Tuttle on his book The World Peace Diet:
- "Not from concentrate" juice is not fresh juice at...
- Fall is here in Canada, so here are two comfort fo...
- photoshop monster me
- Simply Amazing... Forks over Knives movie trailer:...
- Cattle transport truck overturned near Toronto: We...
- The Primacy of Consciousness: a great talk by the ...
- OMG! Bill Clinton changed to a plant-based diet!
- say cheese my beautiful vegans!
- earthbag dome houses:
- Peter Tyack: The intriguing sound of marine mammal...
- No Money Man- This guy has a degree in economy and...
- Lady Gaga and her Meat Dress...
- Windfall documentary trailer- something to think a...
- Vegan/Vegetarian Athletes and Health:
- Thank you :)
- Vegan/Vegetarian Artists, Poets and Writers
- Celebration in the Faroe Islands: Food or Cruel Am...
- Watch this documentary about building homes and wo...
- Our first newsletter! Click here to check it out :...
- Random Acts of Internet Kindness:
- How smart are crows? Unbelievably so:
- Carl Safina: The oil spill's unseen culprits, vict...
- Letting go of struggle:
- Graham Hill Ted Talk: Why I'm a weekday vegetarian...
- our favourite forest and waterfall:
- Vandana Shiva giving a lecture on Soil, Not Oil at...
- 10 Signs Vegetarianism is Catching On:
- Our Book: Conscious Evolution: Vegan Recipes, Life...
- Killer at Large- obesity documentary trailer:
- what have we done?
- Some great events going on in Toronto this month:
- No-Impact Man trailer: A funny and compelling docu...
- vegan body builder Ryan Marcotte!
- TED Talk: starving blood vessels to cancer cells b...
- The Take- A documentary for you by Avi Lewis and N...
- G20 coming to Toronto and we don't want this to ha...
- A documentary that everyone on the planet must wat...
- Hi guys!
- vegan weigh loss success:
- What the massive ol spill means for ecosystems and...
- What's really food?
- More than 23,000 dolphins a year are slaughtered i...
- E.coli contamination of meat- and sometimes veggie...
- Becel has a vegan margarine, finally.
- Documentaries and Videos:
- To bike or not to bike?
- The Human Experience trailer... wow
- How many animals are slaughtered per second in the...
- Is 'not from concentrate juice' really good for yo...
- Dirt: The trailer:
- Ellen on being vegan- really well done my dear.
- Kiwi-Lime Pudding! Wicked.
- Raspberry Crepes with French Vanilla Cream!
- Raw Vegan Blood Test... Amazing.
- Earthship building in Jamaica, and a couple of oth...
- Watch The Cove documentary here:
- Earth Hour is coming! March 27th so turn off the l...
- Famous Vegan and Vegetarian Body Builders and Athl...
- Kenneth Williams- good short video on being vegan ...
- Philosophy- A Guide to Happiness Documentary
- Write us!
- Wake-Me-Up Fruit Salad with Walnuts, Almonds and a...
- Vanilla French Toast recipe is here!
- Throwing away diabetes by changing what you eat:
- The Engine Diet author Rip Esselstyn speaking on b...
- Schools kill creativity- Why you might consider ho...
- We're finishing up the book! So stay tuned...
- Want to know who else is vegan and vegetarian? You...
- Oprah on factory farming. What are we eating?
- Sweet Mysery documentary about artificial sweetene...
- Blessings: The Tsoknyi Nangchen Nuns of Tibet:
- Living Yoga: The Life and Teachings of Swami Satch...
- Reversing diabetes by going going raw vegan- Can Y...
- Woody Harrelson on Being Vegan:
- A great film about the Jewish take on veganism and...
- Ok... I broke my Master Cleanse fast on day 20 :(
- The Future of Food Documentary- watch it!
- Vegan Makeup and brushes! Afterglow Cosmetics:
- Earthship Home designs:
- Living off the grid- how and why?
- Mind Yoga: Take time out right now. How can we bec...
- Erykah Badu and Common on being vegan life:
- Hunter/meat eater goes vegan: So can you!
- Will you be labled a terrorist for being vegan?
- BREAD!!! Having a really hard time today with the ...
- Kymatica- really good documentary- watch free:
- Three Plants that will change your indoor Air Qual...
- Purrfect Pineapples Cruelty-free Under Things!
- Slowing Down With a Fast:
- Lyn's Spirit Dolls:
- Festive Cranberry Custard and Vegan Neg-Nog Recipi...
- This is what James and Josh do in their spare time...
- Vegan Children:
- Watch The Story of Stuff- good documentary.
- Alicia Silverstone on what happened to her when sh...
- Send a lantern to the Copenhagen Climate Summit to...
- The Money Masters Documentary: I know you might no...
- A Question: Do you know what a vegan is? Pretty fu...
- Joshua Rose as The Bunnyman:
- Watch the documentary Patent For a Pig:
- Watch Big Sugar documentary:
- The Reality We Create:
- Vegan Musicians! You Rock (sorry about the pun):
- Vegan Endurance Athlete: Inspiration:
- Deer in the city of Toronto:
- Happy Thanksgiving to all of you lovely people in ...
- Mass animal sacrifice begins in Hindu festival in ...
- One of my paintings: The Ritual (after)
- Creamy Parsnip soup with Pine Nuts and Sun-Dried T...
- Kombucha Tea
- Off The Grid: Documentary:
- The Cost of a Coke: Documentary:
- You need to see this: I am blown away.
- Food Inc. Documentary:
- Vaccines: 2 Documentaries to watch:
- It is now believed that 51% of the world's human-c...
- Vananda Shiva on Seed Saving- very powerful talk:
- Colloidal Silver Generator: Make it yourself!
- Creatures of Black Forest:
- 6 Degrees of Separation Documentary:
- Fighting the flu naturally:
- Raising kids vegan- Go for it!
- 350 Day of Action for Climate Change- PLEASE get i...
- Joan Jett for Farm Sanctuary:
- Raw Vegan Radio!
- Natural Building Videos and Books:
- Vegan Body Building and Fitness:
- Lost 40bls and became healthy going raw vegan!
- Vegan Athlete Brendan Brazier makes energy bars!
- Happy Thanksgiving Guys! Here are some awesome thi...
- Vegan Mineral Makeup and Brushes:
- Watch Earthlings Documentary:
- A monkey takes care of a human baby- really intere...
- This monkey adopted a kitten! Monkey news:
- Giggling gorillas and orangoutangs! Studies show t...
- Who killed the honey bee? Watch the whole movie:
- A big Happy Birthday to my brother today:
- Happy Birthday Diana!
- Poverty is not an accident: The End of Poverty mov...
- Car-Free Day in Toronto: Still learning the lesson...
- This is something very surprising- a brilliant ide...
- Water Filters That Really Work:
- Need a pik-me up? This will inspire you:
- Vegetarian Food Fair:
- Living Off the Grid in an Earth-Ship House here in...
- Where to start if you are thinking of going vegan:...
- growing your own sprouts!
- Autism and Animals
- To Zoo or not to Zoo:
- Weird hippo pet:
- Not for those who are already vegan:
- Disinfecting Drinking Water with Sunlight
- I had to put this up.
- Fluoride Fluoride Fluoride- Holy Crap.
- Food Inc. Movie:
- John Robins on fear and how it influences us:
- The Business of Cancer:
- Why Vegan?
- Lyn at the BFF (Bicycle Film Festival in Toronto)
- 40 Day Cleanse Fast Results:
- Vegan Myth-Busters!
- Raw Cauliflower Curry with Pine Nuts!
- Come and join us!
- Artificial Sweeteners Cause Weight Gain:
- healing from quadruple bypass operation with a hig...
- For those of you who aren't familiar with this inc...
- I found this raw food speaker and fell in love- sh...
- 5 reasons to go vegan:
- My bike meant freedom to me...
- why vegan? I found this great video you may like:
- healing thyroids naturally with a raw vegan diet- ...
- another raw vegan body builder- very interesting
- Square Foot Show coming up!
- The Lovers
- doll making to occupy my time
- earth days movie trailer
- Crude: movie trailer
- Oh the fun of today... broken arm workshop
- This guy tells us his story of the journey to the ...
- Awesome! 2 First year pre-med students go raw for ...
- How to gain muscle mass on a Raw Vegan diet: Raw V...
- This guy explains very well why raw vegan food is ...
- Claire is our reporter abroad!
- This is how I Feel Today
- Cindy Didn't Really Trust James...
- Free Vegan Recipes That Rock:
- Our Secret Forest
- Vegan in New York
- Water Life movie trailer: Hot Docs Film Festival 2...
- It is estimated that there are more tigers in capt...
- Reporter: A new Hot Docs movie trailer
- Black Wave: A documentary about the greatest envir...
- Take care of yourself and you won't get sick... si...
- A couple of places we've been to in the last few d...
- very quick and to the point meat message:
- why no one but calves should drink cow's milk:
- a cat adopts baby squirrels??
- For those who haven't seen this reunion between a ...
- 2 Week Master Cleanse Detox Talk:
- Squeaks Rose Toth and Josh
- Josh in a battle of the bands!
- 'Home' Movie Trailer- really beautiful and though...
- A word from the late Carl Sagan about our planet:
- Happy Father's Day Cupcakes!! (Vanilla Cranberry, ...
- The End of the Line: movie trailer about the end o...
- The Cove Movie Trailer- You need to see this:
- I'm doing the Master Cleanse right now- Here's a v...
- Farewell my friend
- Blue Gold: World Water Wars- I've never seen anyth...
- Time to let go
- Food Security for Everyone: Real Community
- Guerrilla Vegetable Gardening in the City
- This one will cause some uproar...
- Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai (traile...
- Happy Birthday James!! Decadent, Triple-Decker, Va...
- I have to show you this! It's one of the most beau...
- A VERY GOOD program I had never seen before:
- Message from the director of The Future Of Food:
- Skip the Meat Commercial
- Joshua Rose, champion of the world.
- Not Milk
- Soy Soy Soy
- Vegetarian or Vegan?... VEGAN!
- Raw Vegan Athlete Video Blogger
- Vegan Body Builder- Kenneth G. Williams
- Basil-Avocado Dip: Awesome.
- This is very well done. Watch it.
- Edward Norton on Plastic Bags Bags Bags
- Time to explore! Let's go!
- Interview from Art Bell with Dr. Neal Barnard, pre...
- Processed People trailer
- Fast Food Nation
- Diet for a New America : Documentary
- Thank You Everyone! You are all making a huge diff...
- Go Raw Now movie trailer:
- Raw Vegetable Soup With Almonds and Sun-dried Toma...
- Squeakers Toth and his brother James
- raw mushroom soup coming up!
- Mad Cowboy Documentary! Very Good.
- Coconut Cornbread in a skillet! So easy!
- Make your own mesh bags! Easy!
- Cancer Inc.
- Mad Cowboy Author (he used to be a cattle rancher ...
- Need to get away from my computer.
- Diet For a Small Planet
- Interesting contest for vegans: win an electric ca...
- Go Green, Eat Less Meat.
- How much plastic is in the ocean you ask?...
- how to make creamy caesar dressing!
- A great book for teaching kids why veganism is imp...
- An Amazing Talk Given by a Medical Doctor about th...
- T. Colin Campbell, PhD, on cancer and animal based...
- The link between dairy consumption and prostate ca...
- Learning to Relax
- Peaceable Kingdom Movie Trailer
- Garbage Island Documentary
- Sprouting Seeds!
- HAPPY EARTH DAY MY FRIENDS!
- Becoming Vegan, The Complete Guide to Adopting a H...
- beautiful vegan Tv..episode 2, How to Open a Cocon...
- Animal Rights Eco Fair
- RAWvolution book
- beautiful vegan tv...episode 1, raw spinach soup!
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding!!!
- Raw Stuffed Red Peppers!
- Raw Vegan Spinach-Avocado Soup with Thyme and Fres...
- Yesterday was good.
- Dominical, Costa Rica
- beautiful-vegan tv!
- Banning organic farming?? Are you kidding?
- Almost Raw Stir-Fry!
- Movie Trailer: The End Of America... An Alarming D...
- Spicy Raw Vegan Carrot Soup!
- Frozen CreamBerry Heaven!
- A creamy (and way better!) alternative to yougurt
- Sweet Cashew Coconut Balls on a Fruit Plate with C...
- Some events that might be of interest if you're in...
- Three things You Can Do Right NOW to Find Love
- Earth: movie trailer
- How to make a vegan breakfast that rocks!
- Hello to Everyone!
- Canada Goose on a Very Small Island
- How to find Jewels
- Here's why worm composting is good for the environ...
- I'm Worm Composting... Finally!
- Earthbag Dome Houses for the World- a movie traile...
- Earthbag Building Book that I love!
- Vandana Shiva, on water security
- Summer in Toronto
- oh, those vegans...
- Mocha Latte Cake!
- Inspiration for the masses: Man On Wire movie trai...
- Matthew Stein, author of When Technology Fails
- the Future of Food Movie Trailer (a must see movie...
- This is josh (obviously before he cut off his drea...
- A vegan who's allergic to soy??
- Huge chocolate corporations like Nestle use slave ...
- Really important water movie trailer:
- How to find love
- Vegan Cranberry Pancakes with Cinnamon
- famous vegans and vegetarians
- Josh growing up vegetarian and then vegan.
- Black Rice & Walnut-Stuffed Squash!
- Putting your money where your mouth is.
- Just putting up a paintings of mine that I did a ...
- How to photograph deer...
- Change is in the Air (wow, I'm full of cliches lat...
- There is snow outside, but not in this photo!
- Trailer for Garbage Warrior
- Building Earthbag Dome Houses is What We All Have ...
- Josh on Lake Superior
- Baby Snapping Turtle
- Funny Little Piglets Playing
- The Shift Movie Trailer- Watch It and Be Inspired!...
- Summer images to make me feel better.
- Vegan Creme Brule! Finally.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Vegan Creme Brule!
- Somewhere Just off of Lake Superior, Ontario
- Pesto Pasta With Leeks and Sun-Dried Tomatoes!
- hiking behind the zoo
- sage of the forest
- Joshua and the tarantula
- my birthday
- Omatepe Island, Nicaragua
- chocolate chili mole!!
- Me at city hall on the night of Nuit Blanche
- Indian Carrot Curry Soup!
- dolled-up sunday morning french toast!
- Voted BEST MAC & CHEESE by Vegan Cheese Review Web...
- Possibly the best double chocolate cupcakes in the...
- This is my Mom-Approved Luxurious and Rich Pumpkin...
- Our marinated shishkebobs on the fire!
- James working his way accross a lake
- James in a sunset at Old Woman Bay
- who was the first person to look at this and think...
- aboard the MS Chi-Cheemaun
- This is my raw vegan curry!!
- James' team on Center Island
- Sitting in the sky
- My Lady
- We borrowed Meg's car for a road trip!
- RAW RAW RAW!
- We've started growing our own food!
- Me on a beach in Ontario
- James loving his life in Canada
- This belongs to everyone.
- Cutting off Joshua's Dreads!
- Joshua cutting off his dreads part 2!
- So we cut his dreads off before he went to school!...
- My feet have escaped the confines of socks and boo...
- Me on a snow top cliff
- Lemon Poppy Seed Love Cake!
- Photographer James Toth
- Passed out after a long day
- Rope walking with a friend in Kensington Market
- roast pear with maple creme brule
- coconut porridge with fresh blueberries!
- Our Spicy Raw Zucchini Soup!
- Lyn and the Frog
- Coconut is an excellent protein!
- To open a coconut
- James on a winter hike
- Vegan / Vegetarian Restaurants and Cafes in Toront...
- February Blaws: Cure
- Vegan Blog Tracker!
- one of my older paintings
- Environmental, Healthe and Karmic reasons to go Ve...
- sweet potato plantain roast
- vegan quotes#6-10
- our coconut fruit salad!
- josh and his skateboard
- Me in Algonquin Park!
- my awesome vegan paté!
- New Year, New Beginning.
- Josh shooting the deadly eggplant weapon
- Lime Garlic Tofu with Mushrooms on Rice
- James by the water
- Self transformation is world transformation
- Our Pesto Pizza!
- David Suzuki's Nature Challenge
- cucumber asparagus salad
- taking a break
- Environmental, Health and Karmic Reasons to go Veg...
- Josh playing music by the fire
- FAMOUS VEGAN/VEGETARIAN QUOTES: 1.
- James and Josh playing
- VEGAN MYTH-BUSTER #10
- Josh and Lyn in a barrel
- rice paper delicacies (glass pillows)
- VEGAN MYTH-BUSTER #8, #9
- vegan on the road
- Josh laughing hysterically before I go under a wat...
- This is raw agave nectar
- James and Lyn in the sun
- our RAW nori rolls
- VEGAN MYTH-BUSTER #6, #7
- Josh and the goat
- little tiny toads are people too
- VEGAN MYTH-BUSTER #5
- Me on my favorite cliff in the world
- VEGAN MYTH-BUSTER #3, #4
- James on a beach in Australia
- this bird was watching me and then landed right on...
- Josh got the whole coconut out of the shell in one...
- me posing while eating my banana-coconut breakfast...
- my lovely James
- our vegan lemon-cranberry scones!
- Vegan Myth-Buster #2
- This is our house
- Albert Einstein
- make your own almond or cashew milk!
- sweet raisin veggie curry that I made!
- Small changes make a huge difference!
- Shop at used clothing stores to support the commun...
- James and Lyn at the fireworks
- Josh in a tree.
- My First Post :)